Salary: £8.21 /year
Halo Recruit are working in partnership with a leading Local Authority to recruit for Care Workers to join their team on a temporary basis in Nottingham (NG10)
Purpose of this role:
To provide personal care and support to service users with a range of complex and challenging needs to enable them to have choice and control of their lives.
- Improve and maintain independence of individuals
- Support individuals to stay at home if desired
- Enhance quality of life
- Promote health and well-being
Key result areas include:
- Support service users with personal care, domestic tasks, medication and health related activities in line with agreed personal care plan/s to meet social and emotional needs.
- Alert managers to changes in service user needs and respond in emergency situations liaising with colleagues, other agencies, and carers as appropriate
- Assist service users to maximise independence through engagement in social activity, working with local community networks, voluntary and self help groups.
- Complete records of service user progress: Personal Service Plans, logs, reviews.
- Liaise with colleagues, other agencies, service users with a range of complex needs and their families/carers.
Equality and Diversity
- Act in accordance with the Councils Equality and Human Rights policy
Health and Safety
- Ensure own compliance with Council’s Health and Safety policy/procedures and that of any resources you have responsibility for.
- Contribute to risk awareness through carrying out of duties and raise issues where appropriate.
Skills and knowledge
- Understanding of and empathy with the needs of vulnerable people
Ability to communicate with and relate to a wide range of service users
- Understanding of the principles of treating others with dignity and respect
- Ability to follow routines, carry out set care plans, record and monitor changes in service user condition
- Ability to work flexibly; Over split shifts,evenings and weekends with a range of service users
- Ability to work as part of a team and alone
- Ability to travel as required
Qualifications & Compliance’s
- NVQ2/QCF Level 2 Health and Social Care – Desirable
- Enhanced Disclosure (Valid 6 Months) DBS Disclosure
- Children’s and Adults Barred Lists check
- UK eligibility
- GDPR Consent
- 2 Years written referencing
- Various shifts available.
- Days, Afternoons and Night shifts
- Applicants must be flexible and able to work weekends
All candidates are required to provide proof of their ongoing right to work in the UK, and must be able to provide 2 years worth of work employment history and must be willing to undertake a criminal record check.
To apply for this role please call Halo Recruit on 01623 628843 or click “apply now”
Halo Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.
- On-site parking