Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
Salary: £11.64 /year
Family Practitioner Required – Hull City Centre
Halo Recruit are working in partnership with Hull’s leading Local Authority to recruit for a Family Practitioner to join their Social Care team, on an initial 3 month temporary contract.This is a full time position, working 37 hours per week.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To support the delivery of high-quality social work activities with the Hull Children’s Social Care Practice Model through the provision of direct support work to children, young people and families
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people and to support families.
- Contributes to the overarching strategy in Hull Children’s Social Care Services – to ensure that the pod/team actively plans for safety, permanency and stability for children and young people regardless of the setting in which they live and to actively support children to live at home safely.
- Works in partnership with colleagues, parents and carers, ensuring that child-centred, systemic practice is the principal standard and framework for all work undertaken with children, young people and families.
- Provides specialist family work including supporting parenting assessments, life-story work, wishes and feelings work, strengthening families and family nurturing.
- Engages in critical reflection and constructive challenge within the course of working with colleagues, other agencies and with children, young people and families.
- Undertakes specific pieces of direct work with children, young people and families both individually and co-working with colleagues as directed by the Consultant Social Worker. This includes supporting the assessment and case/care planning work with other professionals.
- Works with colleagues in the pod/team to ensure that children, young people and families are regularly and actively communicated with.
- Works with colleagues in the pod/team to ensure that case recording is up to date and that required information is available for a variety of purposes eg. core group and multi-agency meetings.
- Actively engages in the professional development framework for Hull Children’s Social Care Services (including attendance at practice development groups) and continuous learning relevant to the role. The role would suit experienced Family Support Workers, Practitioners, Social Work Assistants, Contact Workers and individuals with experience working with Children’s Services.
We are welcoming applications from Newly Qualified Social Workers who are looking for their first role within a Children’s Services Department, as these roles are very well suited and are an excellent way of gaining valuable experience in a Social Services department.
£11.64 per hour
Hours of Work
Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 5pm
HOW TO APPLY
Please call Beth at Halo Recruit for more information on 01482 764762 or click apply now to submit your CV and a member of the team will contact you.
Halo Recruit are acting as an employment business for the purposes of this role.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Halo Recruit is an award winning, independent recruitment agency with regional offices based in Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire and Yorkshire.