Salary: £8.21 /hour
Business Services Assistant – Swadlincote, Derbyshire
Halo Recruit are working in partnership with Derbyshire’s leading Local Authority to recruit for a Business Services Assistant to join their Business and Services team on an initial contract period of 3 months.
The role is to provide administrative or clerical support, and / or provide reception service presenting a positive image of the Council.
Main duties include:
- Create and update documents using standard formats or templates.
- Input and maintain records and documents.
- Make routine arrangements and bookings and prepare straight forward materials for and provide support at external/internal events and activities
- Filing, checking or matching data to ensure records are maintained.
- Record and process routine financial information e.g. collating, charges and sale of goods.
- Receive visitors and provide/request information in person and by telephone in a courteous manner promoting customer care.
- Issue and discharge service materials.
- Act in accordance with the Authority’s Equality and Human Rights policy.
- Ensure own compliance with the Authority’s Health and Safety policy/procedures and that of any resources you have responsibility for.
- Contribute to risk awareness through carrying out of duties and raise issues where appropriate.
- Good customer liaison and communications skills
- Flexible approach to working
- Ability to organise the work load of team.
Hours of Work
37 hours per week, Monday-Friday
£8.21 per hour.
PLEASE NOTE: All candidates will be required to attend a registration appointment at our office in Mansfield – candidates not willing to travel to Mansfield need not apply.
All candidates are required to provide proof of their ongoing right to work in the UK, and must be able to provide 2 years worth of work employment history and must be willing to undertake a criminal record check.
To apply for this role please call Halo Recruit on 01623 628843 or click “apply now”.